Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Most Anticipated of 2011


O.K. I admit it may seem a little late for a "most anticipated" of 2011... March is almost over.
But in my defense most artists have only announced that they have new albums coming out recently so... here are my "5 Most Anticipated CDs of 2011".

5. Family Force 5 - Untitled - I loved Dance or Die. The mix of rock/punk/dance is just to good not to like. Will this new cd continue this sound or will it go back the the grunge rock that made the Family famous? Well we'll find out.

4. needtobreathe - Untitled - Every album that needtobreathe has released has gotten progressively better. More originality, more advanced lyrics, more of a sound that sets them apart. This will be their 4th album and my hopes are that this will be their best yet.

3. Peter Furler - On Fire - I miss the (old) Newsboys. There is a place in my heart that needs that pop rock that they did so well. When I heard that Peter was doing a solo thing I figured it would be "caned worship" then I saw the album cover ...

This looks promising!

2. Owl City - All Things Bright and Beautiful - I think Owl City is a really talented solo act. If one guy can create such ambiance music in his parents basement, he has to be good. Plus this cd going for a more broad style musicly... namely rock... with synths... oh ya!!!

1. Fm Static - My Brain Says Stop, But My Heart Says Go - I have very high hopes for this album (it is at number one after all), I have loved every song that I have heard from the CD so far. April 5th can't come soon enough!

0. David Crowder * Band - Unknown - No David and the boys haven't announced a new CD... but... I have a theory that we will have a new album from them come late summer, early fall. ***Please remember that this is my theory based on the fact that they are recording right now***

And there you have it my "Most Anticipated of 2011". What are your most anticipated?


No comments:

Post a Comment