Friday, April 29, 2011

A couple posts ago I mentioned getting a new cell phone. One thing that I have never regretted getting is unlimited text. You'd think you wouldn't do more then 50 texts a month, until you realize that everyone texts. In fact, it seems to be faster and more reliable than e-mail... which lays the foundation for this story.
I needed to contact a guy that I know about a youth event that he and I are apart of... the catch? I didn't have any of his contact info. I contacted a mutual friend to get his cell number (as he allegedly never checks his e-mail). I sent him a quick message. 5 hours later I get a response...

Who's Evan?

To which I reply - The guy from the youth thing.

What?

Is this Jordan?

No

That is the beauty of a wrong number when texting. It could take you a day before you realize you have the wrong person. Have you ever had something like this happen?

2 comments:

  1. I did have something similiar except it was a person I guess that was having a dispute with a friend and so I asked who it was and they ended up being really embarrassed afterwards. But yeah. Texting can be confusing for sure! Good luck with the new phone though. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah when I first got my phone a couple weeks ago on of my friends got my number and sent it to all our mutual friends. All but 2 had texted me, then I got a random "Hey :)" message and assumed it was my friend Bri so I texted back to say "Hi, and is this Bri" when I got a response they said "Yes and stop texting me" I thought it was a joke and so I said hi again I got the following reply "Would you stop [the following word has been censored] texting me! I asked u to stop if you text me 1 more time im calling the cops!". I was very confused, it turned out not to my friend Bri at all, kinda creepy!

    ReplyDelete