Thursday, October 13, 2011

Toby in Toronto


This Thanksgiving weekend was a little more special then most... tobymac
made an appearance at Church on the Queensway.
I was a little bummed out when I found out it was on a Friday because that
would mean that I couldn't go... then they added the Saturday!
I'm going to say the highlight of the night was meeting Toby. One of the
first Christian bands that I got into was dc Talk and I've always enjoyed
his solo stuff.
The concert it self was terrific. Toby covered songs like Gone, City On

Our Knees and Get Back Up. Plus to my surprise/delight he went wayyyyy
back into the catalog to songs like Diverse City, Whoopsi Daisy and
J-Train... yes he did J-Train! And just to keep the dc Talk fans happy he
did In The Light and Jesus Freak! While doing Jesus Freak they throw some
crazy sound effect on and the entire band froze on stage.... and the
froze.... still frozen.... pushing a minute... there is now no sound
coming from the stage... still not moving... then after what felt like 5
minutes, but was likely only 2, wham! The chorus hit and the crowd freaked
(pun intended)!

I also had the chance to meet Mr. Talkbox who likes to do crazy stuff with
his voice and Jamie Grace.

Ohh and I finally got a Jesus Freak shirt!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is quite the eventuful event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real worldOctober 19, 2011 at 2:01 PM

    i was goin 2 th concert but my ipod got hit by a transport.. so i was like really busy havin a mental break down...

    ReplyDelete