Friday, June 29, 2012

Spider Time

I's a web-head. I think that's the name for a Spider-man fan... not sure.
My fan-boyism began after watching the first 2 movies (there was a third one that occurred in a nightmare once, people insist it was real, I'm convinced otherwise) and now we are going back to square one.
My first reaction was outrage. Reboot? Why?
Then I read the comics. Turns out while the movies were good, they were ripe with poetic license.
This one is supposed to be more true to the original. Web-shooters, Gwen Stacy, Captain Stacy they're all there this time.
I'm excited. It could just be a re-hash, or it could be the start of a really awesome re-boot.
Plus it opens in one week.

2 comments:

  1. saw it last night so the following is my review... personally i think it was better then the sam ramie ones, it was darker, but not dark night dark and had a good spidery feel. it re-tells the origin story for just about the whole movie, but it worked, they changed enough that it kept you engaged and they kept enough the same that your not upset. I have one major gripe about the movie as a fan of the comics but i can look past it. the Stacy's i felt were done right and much more comic like then the other films, id say an 8 out of 10. a 4 out of 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. You liked it more then I did! Though I can see where you are coming from. This is going to be a love it/hate it film

    ReplyDelete