Friday, September 14, 2012

Text... oh, hold on....ing

I don't usually like doing rant posts. The internet is angry enough without me spewing out my pet peeves, however, the time has come.
Texting. We all do it (o.k, most of us do it). The problem is, most of us do it in each other's faces.
Have you ever been talking to someone when they randomly glaze over in the eyes, whip out their phone and force you to hold your thought? I have, worse, I've been the glazy eyed phone zombie.
When did it become o.k to ignore real people in favor of someone sitting miles away with plastic in their hand?
As I said, I do it too.
Consider this my way of saying, it's time for a "Technically It's The New Year Because School's Back And Stuff" Resolution.
I'm hoping to stop doing it to others. It will be a small act, however I will be one less lost in the land of glazed eyes.
By this time next year I ho... oh, hold that thought, I have a text....

3 comments:

  1. Very true! I do it too! Its almost reflex at times! I am in the middle of a conversation then wip out my phone then stop and think "Wow, I'm a jerk! Did I actually just ignore a real human being like that? Wow!" I like to take a fast from technology about once a month. No technology for a day, I try to spend it reading the Bible, praying and spending time with my family. Some people migh think "wow what a sacraifice!" But that reaction is actually discouraging! I mean I went for years and years growing up with no cell phone, laptop or other obbsessive technology. Why is it such a big deal to give it up for a day? If that actually becomes a noble sacrifice in your life, you are way beyond the point of technoloy meaning too much to you. How many of us HAVE to use it in the work place for 8 hours a day ANYWAY? A LOT of us do. With that in mind do you want to spend your free time glued to technology, or with actual humans, not to mention GOD! Something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real world...September 17, 2012 at 8:56 AM

    lolllllllzz!!! i luv comedy posts! like u must b jokkinggg! its not bad! if ppl cant stop their mouths 4 a min when u take a VERY LIFE OR DEATH IMPRTANT TEXT ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL DESINGER iPHONE!!!! then they r JERKKSSSS!!! btw can i have ur number?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real world..September 17, 2012 at 8:59 AM

    i think fixader is crazy, like is he 4real? wow... he must b living in a 3rd world country...or anywhere thats 3 hours from a walmart!!!!

    ReplyDelete