Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Music

It seems every year Christmas comes earlier for me. This year, I've been singing Sleigh Ride since early October.
I'm not complaining, I just love Christmas.
I also tend to have "Christmas Theme Songs" every year.
Two years ago it was "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
Last year it was "War Is Over" (both of which are awesome songs)
This year it seems to be "Love Came Down At Christmas"

We seem to always focus on the fact that Jesus was born to die. Which is profound and all, but we often forget the motivation behind that. It was love.

As Francis Chan/Hawk Nelson would say, Crazy Love. That God would care enough about us, despite us spiting in his face, to send his son as a human to die. That is true love.

That's what I think every time this songs come across my mind.

Merry (early) Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment