Friday, December 7, 2012

Hawk Nelson - Words

The first time I heard the song, I was a little concerned.
For me, there is a thin line between profound and cheesy... the verse started out great, but the odds of the chorus bringing the cheese seemed really good.
Thankfully, I was wrong.
This song is totally awesome!
Not only from a lyrical and musical stand point, but content as well.
Something as simple as joking around with friends can cause hurt feelings. You say something without thinking, wham. Someone says the wrong thing to you on the wrong day, wham.
What I love about this song is the reminder it gives us to watch what we say. If it's going to come back to bite us, we're better off keeping it to ourselves.

After this, I'm more than excited for the new Hawk album in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment