Friday, April 12, 2013

Jurassic Park

This is the movie that made me love and fear dinosaurs as a kid. I loved it! It was one of those movies that you watch over and over and over and over until your parents are begging you to shut it off... that was Jurassic Park for me as a kid.
Infact, it made me always watch the bathtub... just incase a raptor was behind the curtain!

Fast forward X number of years and I still really like it. Mind you, I don't watch it over and over and over... I have more of a life than I did when I was 5.
The one drawback was never being able to see it in theaters. I was alive for the release, just didn't see it.... that changed this week.
To celebrate 20 years of dinosaurs having a field day on an island, it's been re-released in 3D. How could I pass that up?

I'm not normally a huge fan of 3D, but that was the only way to see it. I'm happy to say it works fairly well most of the time. MOST of the time. There was a bit of stuttering and blur at some points. Otherwise, it was good.

The true gem is the film itself. Seeing it on the big screen was amazing.
Even though I know what's going to happen next, I still jumped a bit and felt my heart race.

Not to mention the beauty of the films score is 100% better booming all around you.

If you're a huge fan of the film, I'd give 'er a look. Especially if you never saw it in theaters the first time.

If you HAVEN'T seen it before, I'd advise a visit here -
http://www.pluggedin.ca/videos/1990s/q1/jurassic-park.aspx.
It is a thriller with dinosaurs so expect some less that cheery scenes... involving teeth...

No comments:

Post a Comment