Thursday, May 16, 2013

Retro Weekend

I am not 50. I know that will burst a lot of bubbles, but the truth can't be hidden any longer.

That being said, I love retro music. Back in the day it was Woody's Retro Show that gave me my love for it. The history, the sound, the craziness. It was a different time for sure.

This Monday we are going back to the days of retro with a Retro Holiday Monday.
Here are some of the songs I can't wait to hear!

dc Talk - I Wish We'd All Been Ready

It's not their song, but man do they nail it! Plus, it's dc Talk. What's not to love!


Newsboys - Take Me To Your Leader

Going to space? Take Newsboys. This video is great, as is the song!


Carman - R.I.O.T

I was going to say Addicted to Jesus, but we've already got dc Talk on the list. Carman is great! And he's got some pretty sweet videos too.


On second thought... my blog, my rules. Here's Addicted to Jesus whether you like it or not!

Steve Taylor - I Want To Be A Clone

I really love quirk and goofiness, Steve has that in spades (that's one of the reasons why Newsboys were so special back in the day... Steve co-wrote a LOT!)


Keith Green - So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt

Once again... quirk! Skip to around 3:20. He talks until then.


Whitecross - The Kingdom

Annnnnnd another live video... shesh there were a lot of those back in the day!


Happy Retro Long Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment