Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Miley Cyrus

I can't seem to avoid that name. She's all over the web, my FaceBook news feed, the news feed that's always on in the LIFE studio and she's even breached casual conversations. All from a very inappropriate performance on the VMA's (which I didn't even know happened until this whole ordeal).

I tried watching the video. I lasted about 5-6 seconds. I don't recommend you try to best me.

What I do want to recommend - we pray.

Whenever celebrities derail, it's so easy to point fingers! We call them names and even accuse society for causing them to go like this, but that doesn't really help All it does is makes us look/feel better. 

I've done that. A lot. Even with Miley. However, this time, I really want things to be different. 
Instead of coming up with cleaver ways to run her down, let's pray.

Pray that she would be able to see the impact stuff like this has, pray that she gets some solid role models/mentors in her life and pray she remembers her roots. I mean the Christian ones, not the Hanna Montana ones. She is (or was... not sure where she is now...) a confessing Christian. 

I don't want to sound preachy, or "holier than though". Mostly cause, I'm not. But I do want the church to try to be a light in this instead of a lynch mob.

O.K. That's my serious post for the year. Back to Batman, drooling over music and flying cats next week.

2 comments:

  1. you are still my fav and I adore you! no need to respond. antonella

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about this. And this is what I appreciate about Bebo Norman's song "Brittany" (apologizing to Brittany Spears for flack we give). We really are too quick to shoot people down. Yes people make mistakes, and yes some do intentional sin, but they already know that what they did was wrong, they don't need us to tell them that. What they need is (as you said) prayer. Totally agreed on this. Thanks for the spiritual reminder!

    ReplyDelete