Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Gravity

I saw a trailer for Gravity a few months back. I couldn't believe it. Someone actually made a film about two people trapped floating through space?!?! That's going to either be awesome or dreadful.
It's in space... that should help make it awesome. Still, an hour and a half of floating...

I saw it over the weekend. 

I couldn't believe it.

To quote a friend - "That was the fastest slow movie I've ever seen"

It doesn't stop. From 5 minutes in to the time the credits roll you're on a rollercoaster ride.

I saw it in AVX which was a first for me. Glad I went with it this time! There were parts I was shifting in my seat to avoid debris. I never do that!

There was another part were one of the characters is exposed to space. There was no sound from the movie during that scene... or from the theatre. I just sat there holding my breath.

Plus the first 14 minutes is one shot. As in, no cuts in the film. I know that's my film nerd geeking out, but is it ever awesome!

I don't think I'd see the film again. It one of those things you experience and then remember fondly. Maybe once I forget a lot of the key plot points in 5 years I'll try again.. Still, was more than worth the 10 bucks to get in!

There was a bit of language at the start. Something to be mindful of.  For the content advisory, Plugged In has you covered- http://www.pluggedin.ca/movies/intheaters/gravity.aspx


1 comment:

  1. I'm still trying get my head around how you get a story out of two people floating in space. This sounds like the Life of Pi... a guy and a tiger in a floating in water. Maybe it's a cultural shift? Like UP!... a kid and an old man floating in a balloon. One of those things that sounds like a boring premise, but may prove interesting. Admittedly though, I have not seen the Gravity or the Life of Pi (UP! was good, but it makes me feel sad). And the premises really don't help encourage me to watch them ha ha. But you make it sound quite intense!

    ReplyDelete