Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'm Back

Last week, after spending four months in Production, I returned to the air!

I love the Production department. It's a lot of fun and allows me to flex some creative mental muscles I don't normally get to. That being said, it's fun being back on the air.

What's been a bit of a challenge is the new shift. I was apart of The Slam for close to (if not over) 3 years. Terry Molinaro has since taken the reigns and is doing a fantastic job with the show. I'm glad he has it. I get to listen to it now!

Instead of The Slam, I'm on "Drive". That's the fancy way to say 4:30-7:00 in radio lingo. It's strange to go from the routine of The Slam (and all it's idiosyncrasies) to a new slot. But, change is good! It keeps you on your toes. I get to learn all the quirks and ticks of a new slot. Bring it!

I'm also loving the new hours. The Slam was cool because, you can sleep in (everyday), do whatever for the afternoon then go to work. In Production, things were different.... No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't go to sleep before 11:00. Generally I wouldn't be able to until 12:00 or even 1:00. It was frustrating. Especially getting up at 6:00-6:30. With a sleep schedule like that, I might as well have a kid!

This new shift is the best of both worlds. Start at 11:00 go till 7:00. Love it!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry @Joelle what time are you on the radio? I would love to hear your obviously superior radio skills, oh right that's right you don't have a radio show, so shut your mouth and stop hating on people for no reason. Evan has been doing a great job for years.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for having the guts to leave your name "Anonymous".
      You are so brave hiding in obscurity.

      Delete