Thursday, August 14, 2014

Preparing For The 15th Anniversary

I'm really excited about Saturday. It's the 15th Anniversary of LIFE 100.3. I don't think it's hit me 100% yet. But, I can feel my sentiments growing.

LIFE has been a huge part of my LIFE for at least 10 years. Maybe longer. I'm not really sure when I started listening, but I have been hooked ever since.

I don't have any launch stories to share, but I have a bit of a fun one from the 10th Anniversary.

The decision to go was kinda last minute (*cough*thenightbefore*cough*). So a friend of mine, my Mom and I piled into our car and made the trek to Barrie. The show had been sold out for months. We were standing almost at the front of the line... without tickets.

As the line began to grow, we started asking people if they had extra tickets to sell. Sure enough, we managed to get everyone in! I don't recommend trying this at sold out shows. We were blessed it worked. If you can, just buy them in advance!

I remember the show really well. The lights, the booming sound at Emmanuel Baptist in Barrie.
Lincoln Brewster was the headliner. He was fantastic. If you've never seen him, he's a worship leader with a Mohawk and a habit of doing a lot of guitar solos in the middle of his worship set.

My favorite part, however was looking over at the LIFE staff and thinking "Man, I wish I was over there".

5 years later, I will be! Even as I type that, I'm reminded how blessed I am to be a part of this ministry.

O.K. Enough mushy gushy.

See you at the show with Peter Furler and Chris Bray!

No comments:

Post a Comment