Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bedside Tables

I moved half a year ago. It was one of the first major moves of my adult life. It was a really exciting time.

One of the loses with the move was some minor furniture. Namely, a bedside table.

Thankfully, I had some family that was downsizing with a bedside table to spare. Perfect.
The catch? I'd have to wait till September.

No problem... right?

I have the bedside table now.

I don't know how I lived half a year without one.

This has been a pretty ridiculous blog so far. It's not going to get any better. Sorry.

As much as I've loved the new apartment, the location, proximity to work. Everything. Something has been missing. That something was literally a bedside table.

You don't realize how much we are creatures of comfort until one of those comforts is gone... then returned.

There are people starving in the world and I "need" a bedside table. Fantastic.

It isn't even that useful really. It holds my Bible, has a lamp... box of tissues... that's about it. Yet, things are complete now. Weird.

Couch? Meh. T.V? Can live without it. Microwave? Don't own one. Bedside Table? A necessity.
Something important must have happened in my childhood involving a bedside table.

What's your "must have" comfort item?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is probably my rabbit (if that counts!) and my Bible. I take the bible for granted sometimes, but I know I shouldn't. Another is probably MY bedside table and my fish tank. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. my radio, my bed/pillow, my hairbrush and my toothbrush.. antonella lisa lisanti

    ReplyDelete