Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Grocery Shopping

It's something that divides a lot of people. Some love it. Some hate it. Some haven't done it in their entire life. I enjoy it... until I get home and realize I forgot one obscure item.

Thankfully, that has improved recently. I generally leave with everything I need.

I just need to fix my second issue.

Running into people I know.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with running into friends or acquaintances at the store... except the timing.

Haven't washed your hair today? Wearing track pants because you just had to "quickly run to the store"? In a hurry? You are guaranteed to run into someone.

It's also usually someone that hasn't seen you in a while and wants to catch up.

The worst is when you are in a hurry. A few weeks back I was at the conveyor belt when I realized cheese was on sale. Since I don't want a mortgage, I usually buy cheese when it's on sale.
So, it was off to dairy as fast as possible. Of course, in the process, you bump into someone. Then you have to look like a jerk as you say "hi" while running in the opposite direction.

Really, I'm in a rush... it's not you it's me.

Thursday, it was a different story. I was getting some stuff for the food bank and saw someone from a distance. Not only was I wearing house stuff... I had a shopping cart full of beans. While I do like beans... I don't like them that much.

So I avoided them. Least I look like a bean obsessed foodie.

I realized how trivial these concerns are in the grand scheme of life... However, when they happen, the last thing they seem is trivial.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete