Friday, January 9, 2015

The Best of 2014

I love the New Year. It gives you a chance to reflect on how (hopefully) awesome the preceding year was and get excited for the up-coming year.

I normally do a retrospective of my favourite things from the year, this year is no different!

Favourite Album - Switchfoot - Fading West

I don't listen to albums as much as I once did. Mostly, I listen to the radio. However, every now and then an album comes along that I just love to the max. Fading West was that album for me. It's one of those rare gems that doesn't stop being good from start to finish. It's artsy, it's catchy and it's fun. Plus, it's Switchfoot. How can you go wrong!?!? I would name a favourite track... but I can't. It's a solid album








Favourite Worship Album - Tie - Crowder - Neon Steeple/ John Mark McMillian - Boarderlands

I know I just said I hardly listen to CDs and I have 3 down as being my favourites, but to be fair... these were basically the only ones I listened to all year!


Hearing David Crowder's voice again was a treat this year. The guy is an amazing composer/ song writer. Loved being able to enjoy the guy that made me love worship music again.




John Mark McMillian is an acquired taste. His voice is... unique. Sometimes that means it's in it's own special key... however, that doesn't stop Boarderlands from being beautiful. It's a really weird album, mixing elements of 80's pop with modern worship. That's not even mentioning the blues fuelled horn sections. If you're a worship leader looking for some new songs, give it a listen. Future// Past alone is worth it.








Favourite Christian Movie - Grace Unplugged/ Believe Me



I know I know... that's two ties in one blog... I am an indecisive person when it comes to picking a "favourite".

Grace Unplugged technically came out last year, but I saw it this year. It's really good. It's the story of a girl who walks away from her family and faith to pursue a record deal. It's pretty realistic without being over the line. A good film for family movie night.






Believe Me is a really hard film to describe. It's one of the best examples of what Christian film should be, well shot, fantastic acting, believable characters and a story that makes you think long after the credits roll. However, it's not for everyone. Some of the jokes they make can definitely hit the wrong buttons... they did for me... but that's sort of the point. I recommend it, with the caveat that you it may offend you at times. And not in the ways you think it will.










And now for the rapid fire honourable mentions...

Favourite Superhero Movie - Captain America: Winter Soldier
Favourite Kids Movie - Lego Movie/ Big Hero 6 (nuts! another tie... I do have a problem...)
Favourite New Food - Chimichangas
Favourite Thing I Made -





Favourite Concert - 15th Anniversary of LIFE 100.3
Favourite Pair of Pants - Those sweet, sweet blue jeans.
Favourite TV Show - Doctor Who

O.K... that's enough about last year. Onward to 2015! What were your favourite things of 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment