Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Remedy

Growing up, worship music was produced by one group - David Crowder * Band. I couldn't get enough of them. Still can't really... which is too bad since they closed up shop a couple years back.
David is still writing and recording. It's still good music... but it's missing a bit of that special David Crowder Band something.

Anyway, I've been going through their discography recently and was reminded of the song Remedy.

It's a really cool song. Very minimalistic in it's instrumentation. Just a simple piano and banjo line with a bit of drums. Sure it builds, but the first 2 minutes are a breezy, enjoyable ride.

Lyrically, like all Crower Band songs, is where it really shines. It's a song about our "sickness". That sickness being sin. Our need of a cure and how Jesus is that cure. The thing I love most about it is the closing of the song. Through the violin swells and soft banjo plucks, the song turns into a prayer. A prayer for God to use us to be a remedy to a sick world.

It something I've been thinking and praying about a lot recently. How can God use me to be a "salve" to the world. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and comment about other people's issues. But how can we help? So I guess I'm liking this song for more than one reason!




No comments:

Post a Comment